Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 61 - 70 of 117

W02-1277.30. Michigan, Grand Rapids. Ninth Reformed Church (1892-1978). Records, 1892-1978. 3.25 linear ft.

 Collection
Identifier: W02-1277.30
Abstract Ninth Reformed Church of Grand Rapids, Michigan, was organized February 23, 1892, with seventy-seven communicant members. The new church, located on the corner of Watson Street and Delony Avenue, was dedicated September 15, 1892. The church disbanded October 29, 1978. Ninth Reformed Church was the original sponsor of The Other Way, a community west-side ministry. Ministers who served Ninth Reformed Church were: Rev. H. K. Boer, 1892-1895; Rev. J. W. Te Winkel, 1895-1899; Rev. H. P....
Dates: 1892 - 1978

W03-1277.50. Western Theological Seminary Pamphlet Collection. Papers. 34.50 linear ft.

 Collection
Identifier: W03-1277.50
Scope and Contents

Pamphlets and other small publications concerning the Reformed Church in America and its related activities, personalities and policies. Note author, title and suffix (in parentheses) for access.

Dates: undated

W04-1291. Michigan, Hudsonville. Forest Grove Reformed Church. Records, 1865-1948. 1.25 linear ft.

 Collection
Identifier: W04-1291
Abstract The First Reformed Church of Jamestown was founded in September 1869 with a charter membership of 18 communicants who had been meeting for some years as a Sunday School in the local school building. The first church structure (36x50 ft.) was dedicated on December 17, 1873, and followed by the first parsonage in 1875. On December 14, 1932, the name of the church was officially changed to Forest Grove Reformed Church. June 1, 1943, marked the first time all services were conducted in the...
Dates: 1865 - 1948

W05-1293. Michigan, Zeeland. First Reformed Church. Records, 1836-1997. 14.00 linear ft.

 Collection
Identifier: W05-1293
Abstract First Reformed Church of Zeeland, Michigan, was the first church was founded in 1847 by a congregation of Dutch immigrants from the Netherlands, led by Rev. Vander Meulen. The congregation continues to flourish today. The collection includes anniversary booklets, consistory minutes, membership directories, and a photograph album documenting the history of the congregation, its buildings, and the city of Zeeland, Michigan. ...
Dates: 1836 - 1997

W05-1297.50. Veijer, Jan Jons. Book, 1840. 1 folder.

 Collection
Identifier: W05-1297.50
Abstract

Smytegeld Sermons, 1840 (Dutch) book signed by Jan Jons Veijer and Hendrikje Lukas Jansen, North Holland, Michigan. (V)

Dates: 1840

W06-1308.50. Dame, Louis P. (1886-1953). Papers, n.d, 1917-1955. 3.50 linear ft.

 Collection
Identifier: W06-1308.50
Abstract Dr. Louis P. Dame was a native of the Netherlands. He attended Chicago schools and graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine and Lewis Institute. He married the former Elizabeth Purdie, a 1908 graduate of the Chicago Normal College. He was a veteran of World War I, serving in Puerto Rico. The Dames served as missionaries with the Arabian missions from May 1918 to November 1936, where Louis conducted a clinic at Riaah and won the goodwill of King of Saudi Arabia Ibn...
Dates: n.d.; 1917 - 1955

W06-1311.10. De Boe, Jacob. Papers, 1894. 1 folder.

 Collection
Identifier: W06-1311.10
Abstract

Collection includes a book belonging to Jacob De Boe of Holland, Michigan, of handwritten sermons (Dutch) dated August 29 and October 11, 1894. (D)

Dates: 1894

W12-1296.10. Een Stem des Volks. 1895. 1 folder.

 Collection
Identifier: W12-1296.10
Abstract Een Stem des Volks (Voice of the People) was a weekly, four-page newspaper published in Grand Rapids, Michigan, from 1893-1900. Its purpose was the promotion of prohibition and temperance. It was published and edited by George Roelofs at 27 Canal Street, Grand Rapids, Michigan, and also included articles about Second Reformed Church of Grand Rapids, city news, transfers of property, births, deaths, and marriages. Two issues of this newspaper are included in...
Dates: 1895

W14-1426. Wisconsin, Waupun. Alto Reformed Church. Records, 1855-ca. 1965. 6.00 linear ft.

 Collection
Identifier: W14-1426
Abstract One business day required for collection retrieval—please contact archivist.The Alto Reformed Church was organized by the Classis of Wisconsin, Reformed Church in America, in 1855, although the worshipping congregation began worship services in the home of a congregant as early as 1847. Therefore, these records begin formally in 1855. The collection includes minutes of the ruling body called the consistory, treasurers’ accounts, Sunday School records,...
Dates: 1855-ca. 1965