Building Renovation/Housing Project. Records, 1993-1995.
Scope and Contents
The collection includes several newspaper clippings and eight videocassettes illustrating the nine-month long renovation and townhouse building project initiated in 1993. The video director’s original video scripts are included and can assist in finding particular video images contained on each cassette. The dedication program lists donors, contractors, architects, and participants in the dedication ceremonies.
Western Theological Seminary was established as part of Hope College in 1866 and has been a cornerstone to the college campus and the Holland community ever since. Unveiled in January and completed by September 1993, the three million dollar renovation and townhouses building project created a new entrance for the seminary, last renovated in 1956, and added some much needed housing and parking. Twenty-eight new brick townhouses, part of five main buildings, were added to Hope College campus with units varying in size from one to three bedroom units with handicapped accessible units also included. These new units replaced fifteen older homes, which were demolished before construction due to their poor structural condition.
0.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Videocassettes, clippings, and dedication program from the 1993 Western Theological Seminary main entrance renovation and townhouses building project, as well as slides of WTS row houses in 1994-95. Project donors, contractors, and architects are included.
9 videocassettes, 23 slides (Box 1)
Western Theological Seminary; Donald Bruggink (slides)
- Language of description
- Script of description