Skip to main content

W88-0719. Adelphia Society. Records, 1957-1993. 0.75 linear ft.

 Collection
Identifier: W88-0719

Scope and Contents

The collection consists of minutes, newsletters, handbooks, constitutions, correspondence, surveys, programs, and President’s reports from 1957-1989. The minutes, newsletters, and President’s reports detail most of the activities of the Adelphia Society. The main drawback of the collection is that the minutes and the handbooks are not complete. The folders are arranged alphabetically.

Dates

  • 1957 - 1993

History

The Adelphia Society was organized in the 1950s as a counterpart to the all male Adelphic Society. The membership was originally comprised of the students’ wives and the wives of faculty members, but it now includes female students and faculty/staff members as well. The purpose of the organization is to “help deepen an understanding of ministry through fellowship and outreach.” The group holds full meetings and small group meetings in members’ homes, coordinates some of the fellowship activities at the seminary, and contributes to local outreach organizations.

Extent

0.75 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

English

Abstract

Women's organization of Western Theological Seminary. Materials include minutes, newsletters, handbooks, correspondence, programs, and surveys of the Adelphia Society. Also includes materials on the Good Samaritan Center in Holland. Detailed Collection Register available.

Provenance

Adelphia Society
Status
Completed
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Joint Archives of Holland Repository

Contact:
Theil Research Center
9 East 10th Street
Holland Michigan 49423 United States
616-395-7798